Have you tried green juices or smoothies in the past and struggled with finding the right balance of veggies to fruit. You know, so you don’t feel like you’re drinking straight kale with a sprinkling of dirt? This green smoothie recipe is for you.
This came about when I had a bunch of avocados to use up FAST, and my mini decided to go on an avocado strike. (Up until recently, she LOVED them. Toddlers. Go figure.) I typically make protein shakes or smoothies, and present them to her as “ice cream.” She’s never turned one down. I win.
Alright, you green smoothie maniacs who want things to be healthy AND taste good — here you go:
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach or Kale Leaves
- Optional: 2 Scoops Livfit Superfood Blend with Protein (Or Other “Greens” Powder)
- 2 Cups Milk (I use rice milk; you could use almond, or even orange juice)
- 2 Tablespoons of Lime Juice (About 2 Whole Limes Worth)
- 1 Banana
- 1 Fresh Mango, peeled, pitted & chopped (could also substitute a handful of frozen mango chunks)
- 1 Ripe Avocado, peeled, pitted & chopped
- 5-6 Ice Cubes
- Blend milk, lime juice, spinach, and greens/protein powder if using. Mixing leafy ingredients with liquid first will ensure a smooth blend, other you might end up with a stray whole spinach leave between sips. Not a “smooth” smoothie.
- Add banana, mango and avocado pieces. Blend for 60 seconds or longer, depending on the power of your blender.
- Lastly, pulse in ice cubes and blend until smooth, Add more liquid or ice until you reach your desired consistency.
- Typically makes around two 18-20 oz. smoothies.
Superfast Smoothie Hack: You can pre-portion your fruits and veggies for this smoothie and freeze them in Ziploc bags for quick morning assembly!